Monday 18 June 2012

Life thinks it's just SO funny...

Life is such a joker....

I never know if I should laugh at life and go with the flow when it throws changes my way, or if I should be stressed and frustrated! Many people say go with the flow...laugh it off because that is what life is all about. I try to remember this always, and I am even able to apply it to my life when the changes are small, such as a noisy neighbour during the day. BUT it seems that life just does not want us to have money! Since I met Handsome almost two years ago we have been tight for money. People say that it is normal to struggle in the beginning, and I believe them! It’s just hard to not stress over when it is constantly looming over your head that you may not be able to make next month’s rent! When Handsome was laid off from his third job – side note: Handsome is a hard worker with a great work ethic, we just happen to live in “paradise” where everyone flocks to live and therefore there is a small job market with high competition – Handsome decided that instead of going from minimum wage job to minimum wage job, he would use his RSP’s and go back to school for a trade. These next ten months were pretty great – he had income from savings and I was still working full time.

We were on a life high! We upgraded from an illegal garage-suite and moved into a nice apartment paying about $200 more a month. We could finally decorate our home with our possessions, and be proud to have guests over!

And then life noticed us and added a few bumps in the road...
Extra school costs used up more of the savings than planned. And once finished his course, Handsome was placed in a practicum for one month with a ‘virtually’ guaranteed job at the end of it! (I know this sounds like a good bump in the road, but don’t be fooled!)
BUT as our luck would have it, the person that was to be training Handsome quite two days before he started his practicum...this means that the company still kept him unpaid for a month, but then ‘couldn’t’ hire him afterwards because they had no one to train him.

So alas, he is out job hunting again with no money left from his savings and an almost maxed out credit card. That means I am now responsible for paying our bills, etc. This is fine with me, I know Handsome will make it up to me when he lands a job...I’m just not sure how far I can make my paychecks stretch!

So there is the brief version of our current life! Although I am stressed and bummed out, I know it could be worse, and I know it will get better! This is why we are going ahead with the wedding. Some may think we are being silly and irresponsible but, the way I see is, this type of situation has been our life since the beginning. If we were to wit “until things get better” then we could be waiting for a long time! I don’t know about you ladies, but I have found my soul mate and I do not want to wait anymore! I would rather go through rough patches with my Husband! It secures our bond and shows the world that we are one team, and that they should take us seriously.
Well, that’s how I feel about the subject anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment