Sunday 24 June 2012

Still waiting, and working...

Well our situation is yet to better itself.
Not that we expect everything to sort itself out...we are well aware that it requires work.
Handsome has been job hunting all across the country, widening his search to camp work even.
So far no luck, but he is remaining positive (on the outside) and will keep going with the phone calls, emails, and long drives in the coming weeks.

In the mean time, his Dad has given us a break by hiring Handsome to do some yard work and help out with extra reno work for his Dad's compnay. While this isn't the best paying job, or the job with the most hours....his Dad will lend us some money that Handsome can work off.
This is really helpful, though hard to admit and accept, because it allows us to get ourself on our feet now and repay him later when we have the means.

His family takes care of us, and I am grateful for that!
That being said.....
Handsome feels as though the most likely situation to happen will be that he gets a job far away and will end up living in a camper during the week and coming home on the weekend. He wants me to live in his parent's basement during the week so that we can save money and repay our debts.

While I understand that this is the most logical solution - I am not comfortable with it!
His parents are amazing people and always try hard to make sure I am comfortable and included - however I am extremely introverted and private and I am not sure how well I will cope with having to share bathrooms and kitchens with his parents - the people I still feel the need to impress; the people I want to look perfect in front of.
I just worry and stress taht living with them 24/7 will expose my bad habits and secrets, as well as theirs. His mom is very chatty and I feel that she will expect me to eat dinner with them every night and chat with them, etc. And I know that I will be awkward. I am one of those weird people who becomes exhausted after any extent of social interaction, and I fear that in the attempt of not insulting her, I will push myself too far and become cranky and not myself.

Then there is the other thing - the part where every weekend Handsome would be coming home to stay with me at his parents house. Good bye private life! Sharing three meals a day, knowing that they know that we are sleeping together those ngihts....and I do mean sleeping, as there is no way in HELL I will be partaking in extra curricular activities in his mom's house!

It is just all around the most awkward situation I can think of, and I can't bear even thinking about it!


Am I being selfish here?
Complainy (it's a word.), and silly, and selfish?
Even if I am, these are my real feelings, and so should they not be considered?

Well, now that I have expressed myself and gotten that off my chest, all I can do now is wait to see what happens, and hope that he either finds a job closer to home, or one so far that we move together.

Thanks for listening, ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment